Slow Cooked Pumpkin Soup
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
Yields: 10 Cups | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 66 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 287 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1 |
- 1 (1-1/2 to 2 pound butternut squash or sugar pumpkin or about 6- 8 cups cubed) peeled and cubed (Sugar pie pumpkins are best if available)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced (recommend a sweet apple like Honey Crisp)
- 2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium (vegetable broth is optional)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
AFTER COOKING, BLEND IN:
- 2-3 cups milk. low-fat milk was used in this recipe. Note: skim milk is NOT recommended (use more or less milk depending on thickness preferred), the amount of milk will depend on desired consistency of soup. If you like soup a little on the thinner side, add 3 cups of milk.
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cook the first part of the ingredients in your slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Recommend 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- When the pumpkin is soft and cooked through, use a , immersion blender, or food processor to blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on top when serving, if desired.
- *If canned pumpkin is used, use 2 (15-ounce) cans.
Video: Simple Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup | Cait Straight Up
20 Chic Wavy Bob Haircuts for All
8 Pretty Ways to Use Garden Urns
3 Simple Tips for Treating Skin Holistically
How To Dress Your Groomsmen
How to Refinish Metal Patio Furniture
Salvatore Ferragamo SpringSummer 2014 RTW – Milan Fashion Week
8 Simple Steps to Great Sleep
How to Safely Get Rid of an Old Computer
How to Motivate Yourself: 13 Simple Ways You Can Try Right Now
How to Tie a Fishermans Knot
Meryl Streeps Oscar gown drama
7 Foods That Fight Turkey Neck
Why am I losing so much hair after giving birth
What Happens When A Food Blogger Admits To An Eating Disorder