Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach and Butternut Squash
Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 324 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 373 mg | Cholesterol: 26 mg | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints: 11
- 3 cups baby spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups bechamel sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 whole grain lasagna sheets
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons pure butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- If using frozen spinach, defrost and squeeze the water out before cooking.
- In a medium saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sauté the garlic over medium heat until golden brown. Add the spinach. Toss just until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Bechamel sauce. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour, whisking continuously until the roux is thick. Add the milk gradually, whisking continuously. Sprinkle nutmeg and salt into the mix. When the bechamel sauce becomes thick, remove it from the heat. To thin the sauce if it cools, add more milk.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin with 1/2 cup bechamel sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot of salted boiling water. Cook the lasagna sheets according to the package instructions, or to al dente. With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked sheets from the pot and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray or rub extra-virgin olive oil in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour a thin layer of bechamel sauce into the dish. Layer the ingredients. Start with a lasagna sheet. Add pumpkin, spinach, Parmesan, and bechamel sauce. Repeat for 2 more layers. Place one more lasagna sheet for the final layer. Top it with the bechamel sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Video: Spinach, Ricotta & Butternut Squash Lasagna - £9.84
16 Easy And Cute DIY Mittens For The Cold Season
SNL parodied the royal wedding reception in a hilarious skit
How to Encourage Someone to Get a Job
When and how should I plan for hospital stay
How to Join Leadership Development Programs
A gift box of gear from his favorite sports team
Eating Your Way Through Menopause
How to Make Sure Your Cat Is Cared for After Your Death
US GDP shows that the consumer is winning
Mom Shares Heartbreaking Post About Car Seat Safety After Losing Her Son
Wayfairs Having an Insane Sale Right Now and We Want Everything
How to Find the Best Places to Meet People
Theres A Recall In Effect For DiGiorno Pizza, Lean Cuisine, And Stouffers Dinners
13 Pregnancy Superfoods to Eat Now
How to Use the Rear View Mirror