Turkey Wing Gravy Recipe -- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy for Thanksgiving
Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
Aug 30, 2019
Getty ImagesAnnabelle Breakey DigitalVision
This star-worthy gravy is made by simmering turkey wing drippings with chicken broth, chopped carrot and onions, and dried thyme. Serve half the batch with dinner and save the rest—it can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 10
Total Time: 3 hours 0
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Put wings in a single layer in roasting pan; scatter onions on top. Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
- Put wings and onions in 3-qt saucepan. Add water to roasting pan; stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom. Add to saucepan. Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrot and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove wings. When cool, pull off skin and meat. Discard skin; save meat for another use. Strain broth into saucepan; skim fat off broth.
- Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups broth until mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Bring broth in saucepan to a gentle boil. Whisk in flour mixture; boil 5 minutes to thicken gravy. Stir in butter and pepper.
- Freeze gravy up to 1 month. Reheat. You can add fat-skimmed drippings from a freshly roasted turkey.
Video: MAKE AHEAD TURKEY GRAVY
21 Photos of Animals inWigs
How to Wear Black Lipstick
The poet, the perfumer and the past – creating Breath Of Hope
10 Green Detox Drinks You Have To Try
9 Blood Cancer Signs You Should Know
See The Sky-High Winners Of The 2015 Drone Photography Contest
How to Make a Hot Oil Treatment for Hair
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
How to Become Accountant in California
Lee Lani The Beach 2012 Swimwear Collection
How to Make Polish Dill Pickles
9 Medical Tests Every Woman Over 40 Should Have
Date: 12.12.2018, 23:54 / Views: 34151