How To Unblocked Blocked Contact Number
How to Unblock a Number
Many wireless providers offer services that give you the ability to block unwanted calls and texts from certain numbers. But you may have blocked a number in a fit of anger or for a reason you no longer find valid. In this case, you might want to remove the block so you can exchange calls and texts with this person once again. To do this, all you need is your account information and Internet access.
Unblocking Numbers on Android Phones
Turn on your phone or bring it out of standby mode.If your phone is off, turn it on. If your phone is in standby, bring it out of standby. Then unlock your phone and access the home screen by pressing the home button.
- The home button is usually located at the bottom of your phone's screen. It is generally shaped like a small, simple house.
Select the phone app from your home screen.The phone app can usually be found toward the bottom of your screen. It will be shaped like an old fashioned phone, which looks like a shallow U-shape tilted slightly on its side, and is often green and white in color. Tap this to open your phone app.
Find the contact you wish to unblock.Depending on your phone, the resulting screen will vary. Generally, you should see options like Dial, Call logs, Contacts, etc. From the options, choose Contacts so you can find the blocked contact in your directory.
- When you've accessed the Contacts screen, you should have a list of contacts arranged from A to Z. Scroll through your Contacts directory until you find the name or number that you wish to unblock. Select this contact.
- If you have many people in your Contacts directory, it can be troublesome scrolling through hundreds of names. You may want to make use of the directory's search function. Simply type the name or number of the contact you are looking for in the text input box that has a magnifying glass or the words "Search" or "Search contacts" in it.
- HTC Sensation XLusers, and users of similar phones, should select the People app instead of Contacts. On the People app home screen, you should see a list of contacts and a search box. Find your contact, select it, and toggle the "Block Caller" option to "Off."
Access the contact's settings and unblock it.Different Android phones will have different ways of accessing a contact's settings. In some cases, this might be as easy as tapping the three vertically stacked boxes (usually in the upper right hand corner of the screen) found on your contact info screen and choosing "Remove from Auto reject list."
- Sony Xperia Zusers, and users of similar phones, may have to select a special edit icon. This icon usually looks like a pencil drawing the outline of person. You can find it on your contact info screen. Tap this icon and on the following screen uncheck the box marked "Send calls directly to voicemail" to unblock the number.
Unblocking Numbers on iPhones
Turn on your phone if necessary and navigate to the home screen.You may need to hold the power button for a few seconds before your phone starts up. When it does, you might be asked to input a password you've previously set to unlock your phone. Do so to unlock your phone, and once it is turned on and unlocked, navigate to your home screen.
- You can jump to your home screen by pressing the circular home button found directly below your screen.
- Your iPhone can be brought out of sleep mode by pressing the side button to the right of your screen.
Select the Phone option in your Settings menu.Your Settings menu should be located on your home screen and will be represented by an icon that looks like a gear within a gear. Tap the Settings icon and on the resulting screen find and select the Phone option.
Find the number you want unblocked in your blocked call directory.After you touch the Phone option, you will be redirected to your Phone settings home screen. Under the heading "Calls" you should see an option labeled "Blocked." Choose this option.
Remove the contacts or numbers you want unblocked.The home screen for your blocked numbers should look pretty simple. There will be a link back to your Phone settings screen in the upper left hand corner, an Edit button in the upper right hand corner, and a list of contact names or numbers that are blocked.
- Tap the Edit button in the upper right hand corner. Doing so should populate a red circle with a horizontal line through it to the left of each number in your list of blocked numbers.
- Tap the red circle with a horizontal line and the followingUnblockconfirmation button that will appear to the right of number after tapping the red circle.
Confirm you are done unblocking and use your phone as normal.Once you've unblocked the number by pressing theUnblockverification button, you'll need to tap the word "Done" in the upper right corner of the screen. This will save the changes you've made to your blocked calls, enabling you to communicate with these numbers once again.
Unblocking Numbers for AT&T Users
Verify you are blocking numbers.AT&T's number blocking service is called "Smart Limits." This service costs .99 per month, so you can verify if you're blocking any numbers by checking your most recent billing statement. If you are blocking numbers, it should list a .99 fee for Smart Limits services.
- If your bill does not list a fee for Smart Limits, you may be using a third-party app for number blocking. If this is your case, you'll need to unblock the number in the settings of the third-party app.
Create an AT&T account if necessary.To manage your blocked numbers, you're going to have to access the blocked number directory on your Smart Limits dashboard. This is only possible through your online account.
- To create your "My AT&T" account, you should visit the AT&T homepage and follow the prompts for registering your account.
- You'll need to have your account number, billing zip code, and potentially the phone number registered to your account before you can activate it.
Sign in to your AT&T account.You can do this on your phone or computer by navigating in your browser to att.com. Be sure you have your account user name and password handy so you don't have to reset your account information or wait for your request for a temporary password to be answered.
- ClickLog Inin the upper right hand corner of the AT&T homepage to be redirected to the account log in page. Input your account user ID and password, then clickLog Into the right of the account log in text boxes.
Navigate your account settings to "Wireless Services".After clickingLog Inyou should have been redirected to your account settings page. Along the top of the page should be several tabs that indicate different settings you can adjust. Find the tab labeled "Wireless Services" and click it.
Access your "Smart Limits" options.Under the Wireless Services tab should be a list of options you can choose from. Among this list should be a heading titled "Smart Limits" or "Manage Smart Limits." Select this option to access your Smart Limits settings.
- Opening the Smart Limits link should take you to the Smart Limits Dashboard. This is where you can adjust text limits, spending limits, data usage limits, and blocked numbers.
- If you have difficult finding "Smart Limits" or "Manage Smart Limits" as an option, at the top of your account page choose myAT&T → Wireless → View My Plan & Features. On the resulting page, select "Manage" for the phone that has blocked numbers. Then find and choose "Smart Limits" or "Manage Smart Limits."
Navigate through the Smart Limits dashboard to blocked numbers.Linked to your account in your Smart Limits dashboard, there should be a directory of blocked numbers. To the right of these numbers should be an X-shaped button.
Unblock the number(s) you desire.From among the directory of blocked numbers, find the number you want to unblock. Click or tap the number to select it once you've found it. Then select the delete button, which should be shaped like an X to the right of the number. This will remove the number from the blocked list.
Log out of your account.Now that you've removed the blocked number from the blocked list, you should be able to receive texts and calls from that number. ClickLog outto exit your account and enjoy exchanging texts and calls with the unblocked number!
Unblocking Numbers for Sprint Users
Create a Sprint online account or register your account if necessary.You may have just become a Sprint customer and haven't had time to register your account, or you may have forgotten to do so when you first joined Sprint's network. In any case, you'll need a Sprint account and access to the account owner profile to manage your blocked numbers.
- To register as a new user or create your account, navigate in your computer or phone browser to sprint.com and select "Sign In" in the upper left corner. In the resulting widow, you should choose the "Sign up for My Sprint" and follow the prompts to register/create your account.
Locate your username and password, then log in.You'll need both your username and password to access your account online at sprint.com. Navigate to Sprint's homepage with your computer or phone browser, select "Sign In" from the upper left corner, and input your account information to access your account.
- When you click the "Log In" bottom at the top left of Sprint's homepage, a panel should extend from the right side of your screen inwards. This panel will contain text boxes where you should type your account information. After you do so, clickSign In.
Navigate to your blocked number directory.At the top of your account homepage you should see several tabs. From these tabs choose "My Preferences," and in the resulting window select "Block Voice" from under the "Limits and Permissions" heading.
Find and unblock your number.After clicking on the "Block Voice" option, you should have been redirected to a screen with a list of blocked numbers. From this list, choose the number(s) that are currently blocked and unblock them and for each one select "Remove number."
Save your changes and log out.Once the changes you've made to your blocked number list have been recorded, you should receive a confirmation message saying, "Thank you! We've saved your changes." The number should now be unblocked. Log out of your account and enjoy texting and calling the unblocked number.
Unblocking Numbers for Verizon Users
Allow free-blocking to expire naturally.Verizon users are allowed to block up to five numbers for 90 days each. This block can be reapplied after 90 days, but if you no longer care to keep the number blocked, you can allow the 90 day limit to expire. Then the number should be automatically unblocked.
- For a more permanent blocking service, you can subscribe to Verizon's FamilyBase program. This will allow you to permanently block up to 20 numbers.
Create or log in to your Verizon account online.With your computer or phone web browser, navigate to verizon.com to access Verizon's homepage. There you should see theSign In/Registerbutton at the top right corner of the page. Click this and follow the prompts to log in to or create your account.
- When setting up your account, you'll likely need to know the account owner's phone number, the account number, and the billing zip code registered to the account.
Navigate to your account controls.Once you've logged in, your browser should be redirected to your account homepage. On this screen, you should see several options. From these, select My Verizon → My Account → Manage Verizon Family Safeguards & Controls.
Access your blocked number directory.Selecting "Manage Verizon Family Safeguards and Controls," should have revealed a new list of options. From these you should choose "View Details and Edit," which you should be able to find on the right under a section labeled "Usage Controls." Then select the Controls → Blocked Contacts to reach your blocked number directory.
- When you access the "View Details and Edit" page, the "Controls" option should be the middle tab between "Activity" and "Profiles." Choosing controls will drop down associated sub-tabs, where you should find "Blocked Contacts" on the right.
Find and delete the blocked number(s).Once you click on the sub-tab labeled "Blocked Contacts, a list should populate containing all the blocked numbers for your device. Scroll through these numbers until you find the number(s) you wish to unblock, then for each:
- Select the number by clicking or tapping it.
- Select delete.
- Save changes to your directory, if necessary.
Log off your account.Now that the blocked number has been unblocked, you can log off your account. If you want to contact the person whose number you blocked to let him or her know you're ready to talk again, call or text without fear of return messages or calls being blocked.
QuestionHow do I unblock numbers from my infinix hot 4?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTap on the app drawer and locate the XManager app. Launch the XManager app and tap on Harassment Block. Under the Harassment Block menu, tap on the blacklist tab and choose the option to add blacklist or "remove from blacklist".Thanks!
QuestionHow do I unblock a number on a landline?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends, if you called your ISP to block it then call them back. If not then it will be different for every phone and it is best to consult the manual or manufacturer.Thanks!
QuestionCan I unblock my number from someone else's phone if it's an emergency?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, you cannot unblock yourself. If you have an emergency, you will have to either contact someone else (perhaps someone who can connect you with the person) or find a different way to contact this person.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I unblock a text?Gideon JamesCommunity AnswerIt's different for each type of phone. However, a general way is to access the Settings through your Messages app (top right corner on most), and then look for something like Message Blocking or Blocked Numbers. From there you should see a list or an option to access one particular number. For instructions specific to your phone, Google search (YOUR PHONE) and" Remove Number Block List".Thanks!
QuestionI have a Nokia Cricket phone, and want to unblock a number but don't know how. Can you help?Gideon JamesCommunity AnswerIn either your Dialer or Messages app (it's different for each brand), go to settings and look for Blocking. Under this category, you should find Blocked Numbers, and in there you can remove the block.Thanks!
How do I unblock a block number on my Vtech landline?
How do I unblock a number on an AT&T phone with service through Charter/Spectrum?
How do I unblock a number that does not show on the blocked list?
What can I do to remove a block that I placed using *61?
How to unblock a phone number on Cisco phone?
- If none of these methods work for you, or if you cannot find the blocked number, call the customer service number on your last billing statement. From there you should be able to inquire with a representative about whether the number is blocked and why calls may not be coming through.
- If you are trying to unblock a number using a landline, call the customer service number on your billing statement. Some landline providers allow you to manage your account online, but many others do not.
Video: Android : How to Block or unblock Number in Samsung Galaxy S6
How to Limit Your Stress
Toxic, Not Healthy: Surprising Liver Dangers of Herbal Products
Bath Time for Cute Twins Video
8 Under-the-Radar Skincare Products You Need to Know
SNL parodied the royal wedding reception in a hilarious skit
30 Shipwreck Tattoo Designs For Men – Sunken Ink Ideas
More of Worlds People Are Now Obese Than Underweight
Fall Essential: Military Coats To Keep Your Style In Tip-TopShape
Summer reading is serious business
How to Continue Breastfeeding After Returning to Work
This Month’s Best New Grooming Products: March 2019