How to Run a Sweepstakes
How to Run a Sweepstakes
Have the infrastructure to support it.You will need to have a server that can handle the load. The world is full of people who want something for nothing and a lot of those people invest a lot of time in it! Infrastructure would be:
- Mail list support
- Database support (for the information received when they fill out entries)
Do some research into various organizations that do data collection.Learning, and utilizing, the demographics is one of the many uses of data received in a sweepstakes. Be sure the one you get will work for you.
Understand that when you offer prizes, (usually offered by a third party), that you may be limited as to who can enter.
- Be prepared for the fallout from the rest of the world!
Understand, and accept, that it will never be easy enough.Some people just won't get it. Be prepared to either have a bunch of FAQs for every problem they have, or ready to answer all of their emails.
Don't have there be just one method of entering it.Some methods that you can use are:
- Form entry
- A hard-coded link to the form
- Have a way for them to enter manually, as in the terms and conditions
Understand what compliance is and how it varies from state to state.And thenBe Compliant.
- One things you can do is 'borrow'the terms and conditions from a similar contest and adopt it to your purposes.
Know that your email list will not beexactlythe goldmine you are expecting.When you start sending out emails, you will get many unsubscribe requests. Especially, if it gets picked up by a sweepstake offering site. You will come out ahead, but be prepared to be narrowing it down for a while.
Make sure your selection will berandom.There are sites online that will generate a random number for you. Each entry will have a number, so choose a random number from there.
Be able to manage the costs.The costs will come from the infrastructure mentioned before as well as other costs you might incur.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Most companies pass off the tax liability to the winners. Be sure they understand, or the opportunity is there for them, that when entering your contest.
- If you are not incorporated, it is not a good idea to hold a sweepstakes. You will be opening yourself to lawsuits. Contact your local tax authority so that they can tell you how to deal with the value of the prize being offered.
Video: The Product Giveaway, Sweepstakes and Contest Marketing Hack
How to Buy Your First Horse if You Are a Nervous Rider
3 Money Rules That Make Owning a House Way More Affordable
Before and After: Dresser Makeover
Stollen Parfait Recipe
Top 10 Most Beautiful Russian Girls
We arrived at the Queens Plaza stop not long after boarding at Second Avenue in Manhattan. Heres the Shoppers Special antique train line as it rides away, with one of the many passengers posing for a final pic
Heading Soccer Balls Tied to Damaging Brain Changes
How To Wear Relaxed-Fit Trousers
How to Collaborate With Artists
Jessica Simpson Dresses For Fall in Autumn Florals
Date: 13.12.2018, 05:22 / Views: 44585