How To Make Her Feel Beautiful
How to Make a Girl Feel Beautiful
Everyone has a girl in his or her life that needs to feel more beautiful. The media throws so many mixed messages at women that your friend or girlfriend may just need a reminder of how beautiful she is. You can start by complimenting her, but if that doesn't work, you may need to be more proactive.
Be specific.It's easy to say, "You're pretty," and it's just as easy to brush that off. But if you're more specific, you show you notice what makes her beautiful, and she may start to believe what you say.
- So instead of saying "You're beautiful," try something like "Your smile lights up a room" or "I love how your hair turns red in the sunshine."
Avoid negative words.Don't criticize her appearance, of course, but also help her to stop talking negatively about herself, too. When she starts complaining about her appearance, point out what she's doing and replace it with a compliment.
- For instance, if she says, "I can't stand my love handles. They're so chubby." You can say, "Don't take yourself down. I love your body with all its curves."
- If that doesn't work, help her examine how often she talks negatively about herself. Maybe she doesn't realize she is saying negative things so often, so if you gently point it out, it may help her take control of the situation. If you can, turn it back on her. That is, encourage her to talk positively about her body when she starts talking negatively.
Skip the backhanded compliments.For instance, saying something like "You're skinny for your age" implies that a person old. Also, try to not use compliments that imply she wasn't as beautiful in the past, such as "You look so lovely now that you've lost some weight!"
Use your eyes.You can show someone you appreciate her beauty by how your eyes light up when she comes near or when she catches you looking at her when she's distracted.
Buy her something pretty to wear.It can be a dress, a ring, or something more intimate, just make sure you get the right size. Pick something you know she'll love, or ask for help from a friend if you don't feel confident doing it. Buying her something pretty will help her to feel more beautiful, and it will show you appreciate her beauty.
Have a photo shoot.Tell her to get dressed up in something nice, and go take photos. You can take them yourself or hire a professional. Help her see herself the way you see her by capturing her beauty.
- Pick a pretty outdoor setting on a sunny day. The light near dusk can help bring out a person's natural beauty.
- Try taking pictures with flowers, near trees, or on low tree branches or bushes. These props will help you to create beautiful shots.
- Once you've taken the pictures, take some time to pick the best ones, and edit them if you have the skills. That is, pick the ones that really show off her beauty, and then do crop them and adjust the color to make them even more beautiful. If you don't know how, ask for some help from a friend.
Sing her a song.Pick a song that celebrates a woman's beauty, and one that relates to her particular style. For instance, you could pick "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor if your friend or girlfriend is a curvy lady or "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction if she has a hard time believing she's beautiful. Pick a moment she's down to have an impromptu concert.
- For instance, maybe she had a bad day at work. Try cooking her dinner and singing to her as you cook.
- Some other options for songs are "Flawless" by Beyonce, "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars.
Write her a poem.It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to say how you really feel about your friend or girlfriend. Try to be as specific as possible about what you love about her, both her personality and her body.
- For instance, you could write: "You are the light of my life. / I love all your curves, / and the way your hair / flows down your back. / More importantly, / I love who you are, / the way you make people / feel like they are noticed and important, / the way you help when no else notices. / You are a star in a midnight sky."
- If you don't have it in you to write a poem, you can use someone else's to express how you feel, though you should give them credit. For example, you could use Lord Byron's "She Walks in Beauty Like the Night."
Give her a card with a positive quote in it.Many celebrity women have commented on what makes a woman truly beautiful. You can use one of those quotes to help your friend or girlfriend feel beautiful by including it in your card. Just be sure to say where it came from.
- For instance, you could use this quote from Audrey Hepburn: "The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."
Using Other Ways to Emphasize Her Beauty
Support her as a person.Part of making someone feel beautiful may mean taking the emphasis off her body somewhat. That is, let her know you value who she is on the inside and out. Often, body issues arise because a person has low confidence, so helping her to feel comfortable with who she is can go a long way to helping her feel beautiful.
- Encourage her interests and hobbies, and show you appreciate the things she does for you. For instance, maybe you can take her out to dinner to show her how much you appreciate who she is and what she does.
Ask her to work out with you.Don't pressure her, but studies show that working out can make you feel better about your body image, even if it doesn't change your body. So ask her to go for a walk with you or take a dip in the pool.
Don't judge other women.Even if you're not talking about your friend or girlfriend, talk positively about other people's bodies. If you're criticizing someone's body in her presence, she may think that you feel the same way about her.
Skip the pornography.That is, skip any type of media that is solely for the purpose of consuming women's bodies. Your friend or girlfriend will definitely feel like she doesn't measure up, especially if she catches you perusing this type of media.
QuestionWhat if I'm ugly as well?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerEveryone is beautiful in their own way. Some people may not be able to see your beauty, but their inability to see it does not decrease your worth!!Thanks!
- Don't use empty words, as your friend or girlfriend will know it. If you give a compliment, truly mean it.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Español: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Português:
Video: Seven Ways to Make a Girl's Day
Heres How Much It Costs to Get a Babysitter Around the Country
The Unplugged Getaway Guide
This is what the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their baby son
How to Treat ADHD
Mom Perfectly Shuts Down Body-Shamer Who Took Issue With Her Shorts
How to Live a Life of Purpose
How to Dress Like a Dancer
Beyonce Is Launching a New Fragrance CalledRise
Under Eye Bag Fixes: A Dermatologist WeighsIn
Facts About Septum Piercing
The Darker Side of Posting Your Babys Pics on Social Media
4 Reasons To Eat More Avocados—And 10 Recipes To Help You Achieve That Tasty Goal
What Is Thyroid Cancer